Using the ISO 18436-4 requirements for oil analysis training, Fluid Life has developed seminars that provide the highest level of education allowing customers to fully reap maximum benefits from oil analysis.
The Oil Analysis & Lubrication Fundamentals seminar is offered in multiple locations across Canada and the United States and is Fluid Life’s most popular and well-attended seminar. The course is aimed at maintenance professionals who are either currently using oil analysis or want to better understand the role of oil analysis and lubrication management in a modern reliability-centered maintenance program. The course material was developed and is maintained by Fluid Life and is based on over thirty years of professional analytical and field experience.
What the three-day course delivers:
An overview of oil properties, base oil groups, additives, oil films, and grease properties and performance
Managing A Successful Oil Analysis Program
The success of any program or initiative begins with the first few critical steps
Oil Sampling Techniques & Practices
How to avoid the “garbage in/garbage out” pitfalls of oil sampling. Reviews the various methods and procedures for taking representative samples
Oil Cleanliness & Contamination Control
An in-depth look at understanding the criticality of oil cleanliness in operating environments and equipment
Examines all of the various fluid testing equipment and techniques. Gain a complete understanding in evaluating and interpreting your oil analysis data
Dedicated to the analysis of oil and other industrial fluids, WinRoast® is an oil analysis and lubrication management software program that provides numerous data management tools and reporting options. WinRoast® training is essential for achieving your reliability goals and maximizing your return on investment.
What the one-day course delivers:
• Viewing and editing data, managing units, setting up samples
• Communication with the lab, sample registration and receiving results and other reports
• Scheduling automatic reports, printing reports and exporting data to other maintenance software and Excel
• Editing your preferences and customizing WinRoast® to suit your needs
• Creating sampling schedule
• Graphing results – useful for seeing the ‘whole picture’ and developing flagging limits
• Searching databases for samples based on multiple criteria
• Managing WinRoast® user accounts and restricting access and authority for some users
Fluid Life’s Coolant Analysis Seminar provides you with a solid understanding of coolant types and systems. In addition, this training will provide a clear understanding of how a successful coolant analysis program will complement overall reliability initiatives and oil analysis programs.
What the one-day course delivers:
• Functions of coolant/antifreeze and types of glycol
• Suggested water quality limits
• Groups of coolants
• Types and functions of coolant additives
• Coolant system problems and degradation
• Characteristics of coolant system deposits
• Water properties that produce acid
• Engine problems due to acid
• pH concerns
• Benefits of coolant analysis and coolant test programs
• Understanding the analysis tests and data interpretation
What we were doing before was not beneficial for my company. Now, I am able to reassess my oil analysis program and develop it to suit our needs.
The instructor did not overwhelm me with technical information. I could apply 90% of what we covered directly to what I use.”