Reporting to the President (or designate), the Controller will have financial responsibility for the corporate operations. This is an exciting role combining functional accounting responsibility along with providing strategic direction with a portfolio that holds accountability for Accounting and Finance, Project Controls, Procurement, Inventory Management, and Contract Administration. This person will actively lead the finance and accounting functions in an effective, assertive, visionary, creative and persistent manner.
- Responsible for the professional, accurate and efficient management of Fluid Life’s financial and accounting operations including management reporting, GAAP financial statements, settlement, accounting revenue reporting and treasury functions.
- Strong operational understanding of business, including all of Fluid Life’s tailored services, approach, and commitment to quality and excellence
- Ensure that appropriate processes, policies and controls are in place to meet accounting requirements and standards.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and management to the finance team.
- Provide direction and leadership to align functional departments with the business’ overall goals and objectives.
- Ensure an effective evolution of the budgeting process as the business grows and changes.
- Oversee integration of the new assets from a financial perspective.
- Maintain an effective relationship with internal and external auditors as well as banking relationships.
- A Canadian accounting designation.
- An Undergraduate degree in Business Management or equivalent, related industrial experience is preferred.
- An understanding of or experience with US accounting would be considered a strong asset.
- Strong desire to understand all operational aspects of business.
- Experience in successfully leading and managing a team is critical.
- Highly adept in leading, maintaining, embracing accounting technology, including reporting, analysis, forecasts, budgeting, and other business intelligence opportunities.
- A proven track record of success with significant experience in a senior financial management role in an industrial based environment.
Professionalism & Integrity: As a person of high character, you are consistent and act in line with clear and visible set of values and beliefs. You are direct and truthful but at the same time can keep confidences. You have a strong sense of what is right, and you can convey your viewpoint to different types of people without ruffling feathers.
Business & Financial Acumen: In everything you do, you demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between accounting/finance and operations and are able to “connect the dots” between the two. You are confident enough to question the status quo, curious enough to analyze the current status and driven enough to champion initiatives that will improve and enhance the company as a whole.
Leader & Team Player: You are a self-confident leader, aware of yourself and your impact on others. You are able to hold your colleagues accountable and motivate staff with vision and innovative thinking.You build and foster successful relationships and you enjoy managing differing perspectives and opinions. You support staff and foster a healthy work environment.
Pragmatic: You are grounded, have common sense and are a practical decision-maker. You glean meaning from whatever information is available, add personal wisdom and experience to come to the best conclusion and solution. You have multiple problem-solving techniques in your toolkit and can make informed decisions quickly, without hesitation.
Process-Orientated: You are an effective process, work flow, and systems designer and you’re good at figuring out what to measure to track progress. You can quickly diagnose and fix a work flow problem and are always looking for incremental process improvements.
Communicative: You enjoy leading robust, critical but respectful discussions and know how to adjust your message to suit the audience at hand. You write clearly and persuasively and can inspire people with your vision. You listen carefully to discover the underlying messages. You are direct, diplomatic and truthful.
Self-Confident & Persuasive: You are able to communicate your ideas persuasively and confidently in order to capture the imagination of the team.
Why Fluid Life
As a leading provider of asset management solutions and lubrication analysis, Fluid Life uses its cutting-edge software, training, tools and supported programs to improve customers’ bottom line, lower maintenance costs and improve equipment reliability. What’s more, Fluid Life is the only company of its kind to offer reliability services backed by its in-house labs. Over the past 30 years, Fluid Life has established a great reputation and long-standing partnerships with customers in the mining, construction, industrial plant, oil and gas and transportation industries. Fluid Life is known for its innovative, dynamic, people-centric culture and is proud to have been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies of 2017 and 2018.
If your goal is to be a part of a great team dedicated to producing outstanding results, we want to hear from you! Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the job title Controller in the subject line.