Lab Technician (Summer Student)
Fluid Life is seeking a Co-op Student to join our team for the Summer. This is an exciting entry level opportunity in our Edmonton, AB laboratory to perform routine and advanced analysis on used oil, fuel and coolant samples.
- Perform testing on used oils, coolants, and fuels according to ASTM methods.
- The Co-op student would various laboratory tests which may include Water Determination in Oil by Crackle Method and Karl Fischer Titration, Viscosity of Oil, Particle Count in the Oil, FTIR Analysis of the Oil
- Be accountable for your contribution to achieving turnaround time goals and quality lab testing.
- Be responsible for loading analytical instruments and auto samplers, as well as basic equipment maintenance.
- Instruments used in the laboratory include Particle Counters, FTIRs, Auto-Titrators, Auto-Viscometers, Gas Chromatography, and ICP
- Be able to transfer results accurately, perform data entry and identify lab supplies in need of restock.
- Be committed to producing quality results by ensuring samples pass QC standards and running QC/ blank samples.
- The successful candidates will possess a BSc. in Chemistry or technology diploma in a related field (Chemical Technology).
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent Attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
If your goal is to be a part of a diverse team dedicated to producing outstanding results, we want to hear from you! Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the job title Lab Technician (Summer Student – Edmonton) in the subject line.