Lab Technician (Afternoon Shift)
Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment?
Want to make a significant impact to your customer’s bottom line?
Enjoy working in a laboratory?
Fluid Life is seeking a Laboratory Technician to join our team in Edmonton, AB. This is an exciting entry level opportunity to perform routine and advanced analysis on the over 1800 used oil, fuel and coolant samples received daily by the Edmonton laboratory.
This is a permanent full-time position with working hours of Monday to Friday 2:30pm to 11:00pm. Once trained, the successful candidate will also join the Saturday shift rotation. You will be joining a team of 10 other staff members on the afternoon shift focusing on testing and completion of sample analysis.
- Perform testing on used oils, coolants, and fuels according to ASTM, ISO and in-house methods.
- Be responsible for loading analytical instruments and auto samplers, as well as basic equipment maintenance.
- Be able to transfer results accurately, perform data entry and identify lab supplies in need of restock.
- Be accountable for your contribution to achieving turnaround time goals and quality lab testing.
- Be committed to producing quality results by ensuring samples pass QC standards and running QC/ blank samples.
Required qualifications & Skills
- Possession of a BSc. in Chemistry or Chemical Technology diploma
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills
- Positive attitude
- Good computer skills and knowledge of a MS-Windows platform
About Fluid Life
Fluid Life, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an independently owned and operated reliability solutions provider specializing in oil analysis and lubrication. Using a disciplined and proven methodology for delivering value from oil analysis, Fluid Life provides expert evaluation of test results, professional advice for corrective actions, prompt follow-up and tracking of financial results.
Experiences you will gain at Fluid Life:
- Working in a modern lab with state-of-the-art instrumentation
- Working in an ISO 17025 accredited laboratory. This is the highest level of quality accreditation that a laboratory can receive.
- Learn about the benefits of oil analysis and how we save our customers millions of dollars per year
- Work with over 20 different laboratory instruments, learning new techniques quickly to keep your skills challenged and engaged
If your goal is to be a part of a diverse team dedicated to producing outstanding results, we want to hear from you! Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the job title Lab Technician (Afternoon Shift) in the subject line.