Why test filters
Filter debris analysis was first developed by the aviation industry many years ago. It has gained acceptance as a powerful diagnostic tool for many machinery components over the past decade or so. Unfortunately, traditional oil analysis techniques like spectrometry have detection limitations – normally effective of around 5 microns. These techniques are also restricted to only those particles that can pass through the filtration system. As a result, oil analysis alone is not enough to predict impending machinery failures. The only way to capture larger particles is to extract them from the filter since it is a ‘chronological data bank ‘ for machinery components. The filter traps the larger wear metals and contaminants (metallic and non-metallic) over a period of time, thereby retaining both present and past failure mode indicators.
Our analytical procedure includes a thorough microscopic examination to determine the amount, size distribution, type and morphology of the filter debris. When used along with wet chemical testing and X-Ray Fluorescence, exact determination of any type of metallurgy or contaminant can be attained. Filter debris analysis unlocks the wealth of information found inside your filters and offers a comprehensive assessment of machine wear.
Why you need it
- Significantly reduce the probability of premature mechanical failures.
- Add much-needed protection beyond normal external service inspections.
- Gain insight into both current and past failure mode indictors.
- Bridge the gap caused by the limitations of traditional oil analysis.
- Gain a roadmap to remedial actions that need to be taken.
Why Choose Fluid Life
We’re a company that’s All Ways Reliable. As a leading provider of lubrication analysis and asset management solutions, Fluid Life uses its cutting edge software, training, tools and programs to help keep your equipment running at peak performance. From analysis and evaluation to planning and strategy, Fluid Life has the expertise to help you achieve a higher level of reliability.
- ISO 17025 laboratory quality system
- Basic and advanced coolant test packages
- Expedient laboratory turnaround
- Convenient and flexible reporting options
- Test results available on myLab
- Professional training seminars
- Customer Care toll-free support