Oil & Gas
Optimizing gas compression in remote locations presents serious challenges. Lubricants are subjected to highly demanding conditions and are expected to be left in service for prolonged periods. Routine fluid analysis gives you a window inside your equipment to identify and resolve problems at an early stage to mitigate unrecoverable downtime.
Oil Analysis is a proven technique for monitoring and maintaining critical oilfield equipment such as natural gas engines and compressors, wellhead pumps, hydraulics and gearboxes. In order to maximize the benefits of oil analysis, it is important to select a test package that gives you the information and quality you’re looking for while staying within your budget. Fluid Life offers two standard test packages, along with a myriad of individual test options.
We can help you:
- Detect failures at an early stage
- Manage your machine condition at remote sites
- Safely perform condition-based oil changes
- Maximize uptime through improved reliability
- Protect your compressors from gross contamination
- Protect your compressors and turbines from oil degradation
- Prolong the useful life of your components
- Better manage spare parts inventory
- Integrate with other condition-monitoring techniques
Fluid Life takes a consultative approach to help you define and document the scope of your oil analysis program. Talk to a Fluid Life representative today to get the answers you’re looking for.
Fluid Life’s ONG1 package provides an overall assessment of the oil and the machine compartment that it was taken from. This testing verifies that the correct oil is in use, and that the oil is cool, dry and free of excessive wear debris.
The ONG1 package is recommended for monitoring all components involved with oil & gas extraction (natural gas engines, compressors, oil production wellheads, etc.)
Fluid Life’s ONG2 package provides an in-depth assessment of the oil condition, allowing customers to perform “condition-based” oil changes. This package also provides clarity about the nature of contamination in screw compressor applications.
The ONG2 package is recommended for gas compression or oilfield customers that wish to maximize the life of their oils.
When selecting a test package, please consider the following questions:
- What are your goals for the oil analysis program?
– Early detection of failure conditions (predictive maintenance)
– Monitoring contamination control efforts (proactive maintenance)
– Measuring the extent of oil degradation (condition-based maintenance)
- Which approach is better suited for your operation:
– Collecting samples frequently and trending basic information
– Collecting samples less frequently, but reporting more in-depth information
- Can one test slate be used for monitoring all of your equipment, or do some assets warrant additional testing?
- If additional testing is warranted, how will this testing be requested (i.e. on a machine-based, time-based or condition-based schedule)?
Contact Fluid Life to purchase your test kits and associated sampling supplies.