Machine Lubricant Analyst / Machinery Lubrication Technician Level I Training
- Machine Lubricant Analyst / Machinery Lubrication Technician Course (3.5-Day)
- MLA I/MLT I Exam (Optional 0.5-day)
The Machine Lubricant Analyst/Machinery Lubrication Technician Level I course is aimed at plant or shop technicians responsible for lubricating and maintaining machinery, whose daily activities consist of oil sampling, contamination control, handling, receiving and storing lubricants, oil changes, and basic machine condition monitoring.
- A thorough review of sample points, procedures and tools for taking representative oil samples.
- Best practices for contamination control, handling of lubricants, and filtration fundamentals
- An in-depth look at the core functions of lubricants, lubricating films, oil and grease properties, base oil groups, and additives
- An introduction to the various fluid test methods and application
- Maintenance strategies, preventive and predictive maintenance, including the role of effective lubrication, oil analysis and technologies, lube routes and scheduling, and equipment tagging and identification
Taken as a supplement to the recommended Domain of Knowledge, the Introduction to Machinery Lubrication follows and reinforces the ICML Body of Knowledge for the Level I Machine Lubricant Analyst (MLA I) and Level I Machinery Lubrication Technician (MLT I) Certification exams. The goal is to help each participant successfully achieve the MLA I or MLT I certification by aiding in their preparation effort.
YOU MUST REGISTER ONLINE DIRECTLY WITH ICML at www.lubecouncil.org, and are welcome to challenge any of the ICML exams. Exam cost is separate and additional to the course.