Fluid Life offers private online webinar training designed to deepen the knowledge of people who manage assets or work with mechanical systems. These private online training courses can be customized to suit your industry, company, and employee requirements.
Lubrication is the lifeblood of machinery, and understanding what lubricants are made of, how they work, and how they can fail will allow technicians and engineers to make better maintenance decisions and maximize the life of their equipment.
Fluid life’s training courses are eligible for the Canada Job Grant up to $10,000 per employee.
Learning about the principles, practices, and the mindset of modern reliability methods will optimize maintenance tasks and will facilitate the development of a robust, specific, and effective maintenance program. Dovetailing the information available in these courses will help attendees master the art of machinery reliability and maintenance.
While in-class certification training sessions are generally between 3-5 days in length, we are offering private webinar based training over a number of sessions to accommodate attendee schedules and improve the online experience. Each session is approximately 3.5 hours in length and includes a review and question period.
Webinar Course Overview
The Machine Lubricant Analyst/Machinery Lubrication Technician Level I online webinar based course is aimed at plant or shop technicians responsible for lubricating and maintaining machinery, whose daily activities consist of oil sampling, contamination control, handling, receiving and storing lubricants, oil changes, and basic machine condition monitoring.
- A thorough review of sample points, procedures and tools for taking representative oil samples.
- Best practices for contamination control, handling of lubricants, and filtration fundamentals.
- An in-depth look at the core functions of lubricants, lubricating films, oil and grease properties, base oil groups, and additives
- An introduction to the various fluid test methods and application.
- Maintenance strategies, preventive and predictive maintenance, including the role of effective lubrication, oil analysis and technologies, lube routes and scheduling, and equipment tagging and identification.
This course will include a review of each section to reinforce the grasp of the subject material.
This webinar based training course is divided into 7 individual sessions and would be scheduled based on your team’s availability.
- Session 1: Introduction to Maintenance Strategy and Lubrication Theory (3.5 hrs)
- Session 2: Lubricants (3.5 hrs)
- Session 3: Lubricant Selection (3.5 hrs)
- Session 4: Lubricant Application (2.5 hrs)
- Session 5: Preventive and Predictive Maintenance / Lube Condition Control (3.75 hrs)
- Session 6: Lube Storage and Management / Oil Sampling (3.25 hrs)
- Session 7: Lubrication Health Monitoring / Wear Debris Monitoring and Analysis (4 hrs)
- Total: 24 hours
While the courses offered by Fluid Life contain the information required in the Body of Knowledge, they should not be used solely to pass the exams offered by ICML. Fluid Life courses will aid individuals in developing their knowledge base, however a single course may not cover all questions that will appear on the exams and is not specifically designed to do so. We strongly suggest individuals prepare by reading the recommended materials, prior to attending the examination.
Attendees wishing to challenge any of the ICML exams, must register online and find a sitting directly with ICML. Exam cost is separate and additional to the course.
All refunds for cancellations are subject to a fee equal to 15% of the course cost. Cancellations made within 2 weeks prior to a course will be refunded 50% of the course cost. No refunds will be issued for no-shows or same-day cancellations.