Fluid Life is accredited by CALA to ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and accreditation is limited to those tests on the laboratory scope of testing (Bloomington,MN; Brantford, ON; Edmonton, AB). This includes the same quality management requirements as ISO 9001:2008, while at the same time demonstrating competence in analytical testing.
Conformance to ISO/IEC 17025:2017 ensures that Fluid Life operates a quality management system, is technically competent and is able to generate technically valid results.
- Fluid Life is dedicated to providing our customers with quality analysis results, excellent service and professional support in a timely manner.
- We are committed to reduce or eliminate the number of occurrences in which our products or services fail to meet the needs of our customers.
- Our goals and objectives are set to continually improve the effectiveness of our Quality Management System.
- All employees are vital to the success of our business, and are empowered to participate unconditionally to improve the quality of our services to our customers.
- Fluid Life is in conformance with ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
- Fluid Life strives to provide results that are accurate, objective and reproducible by adhering to the following practices:
- Participation in independent American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) Proficiency Testing.
- Routine measurement of quality control samples, blanks and duplicates.
- Use of independent reference materials to check calibrations and ensure traceability to primary reference standards.
- Performance of routine preventative maintenance.
- Electronic audit trails and unique sample identifications are used to track each stage of testing for every sample and all changes made to test results or sample information.
Fluid Life is focused on continuous improvement and incorporates the following in our routine activities:
- A quality system to document non-conformances and opportunities for improvement.
- Independent external assessments by CALA to evaluate Fluid Life’s adherence to the quality management and technical requirements of ISO/IEC17025:2017 (adherence to the management requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 automatically fulfills the management system requirements of ISO 9001:2008).
- Internal audits of our quality management system and individual tests.
- Participation in an inter-laboratory crosscheck program—test samples of unknown concentrations are sent to the Edmonton, Brantford and Bloomington laboratories for an independent evaluation of laboratory performance.