Now you can! Monitor what’s happening with your mobile assets every minute of the day with Unified Condition Monitoring (UCM).
UCM gives you a single view of overall machine health status by combining multiple sensor technologies, like telemetry, vibration, oil condition and operational data, with lab analyzed data all in one system.
Gone are the days trying to combine huge quantities of machinery operational and health data from separate telematics and oil analysis systems. Within Fluid Life’s myLab application, geo-spatial position, operating mode and direction of travel data is gathered and correlated with other tracked parameters such as crankcase pressure, engine temperature, oil condition sensor data and laboratory test results.
Take your condition monitoring to the next level
To provide an overall machine health status, multiple condition monitoring technologies, such as oil analysis, telemetry, and vibration (coming soon), are integrated with operational parameters such as location, temperature and pressure. Data is uploaded and interpreted within our myLab™ web portal where, over time, the system learns what is “normal” for all tracked parameters, taking into account where the asset is and what it’s doing. The system then provides comprehensive reporting along with alert notifications for abnormal conditions.
Plus, separate applications aren’t required for Production and Fleet Operations. You get unlocked access to raw telemetry and sensor data such as asset location, utilization, route management and more. Watch the video below to learn more about viewing sensor data within myLab. Download an overview of the available program elements.
How does it work?
A Fluid Life telematics module is installed on each asset to extract sensor data and upload it to Fluid Life’s myLab cloud. The module can read data from existing OEM sensors, plus additional sensors can be added to monitor:
- Fluid properties
- Wear debris
- Oil quality and water contamination
- Oil cleanliness
- Temperature and pressure
Components of the UCM System
The primary components of a Unified Condition Monitoring system are the Fluid Life Telematics Module, fluid monitoring sensors, and data access via the myLabTM web portal.
Fluid Life Telematics Module
Fluid Life Telematics Modules are used to log and transmit oil sensor data from your machine components to our myLab™ web application. For mobile asset applications, it is also able to log and transmit ECM parameters and other OEM sensor data to further unlock your fleet potential.
- Module Includes: Wi-Fi and cellular connectivity, data storage, GPS, accelerometer, wiring harness, antenna, and flexible interface to connect to a variety of wired and wireless sensors
- Automatic WiFi relay eliminates the need for installing expensive networking gear (i.e. satellite or mesh networks)
- Multiple communication protocols available
- Vibration sensor connectivity coming soon
Oil Cleanliness Sensor
The Inline Contamination Monitor (ICM) automatically measures particulate contamination levels in various hydraulic fluids. The compact design allows for the monitor to be mounted directly to systems where space is limited. Moisture and temperature sensing capabilities optional.
Fluid Property Sensor
The Fluid Property Sensor directly and simultaneously measures the viscosity, density, dielectric constant, and temperature of fluids. The sensor monitors the direct and dynamic relationship between multiple physical properties to determine the quality, condition and contaminant loading of fluids.
Metallic Wear Debris Monitor
The Wear Debris Monitor is a real-time, in-line fluid sensing technology for the detection of metallic wear debris and particulates in a lubrication system. The Wear Debris Monitor detects, categorizes (ferrous vs. non-ferrous), and sizes metals within a machinery lubrication system.
- Wheel Groups
Consider the benefits
Bottom line, UCM delivers reduced maintenance costs, maximizes performance, and improves machine reliability.
- Detection of machine fault conditions and real-time data on critical oil properties.
- Integrated machine health reports providing a more balanced, comprehensive and useful assessment.
- Better alignment of your condition monitoring program with failure modes and machine criticality.
- Unmatched financial gains in key operational areas: Reliability, Production and Fleet Operations.
- Low infrastructure costs (no expensive mesh or satellite communications required).
- Universal application for any brand of equipment.
- Full customer access to all raw telemetry data.